Monday, February 18, 2008

new facility and some fish

We will be moving into a new facility in 6 months.

Some of you might think that because of the move, I wouldn't worry about what the current facility looks like, nope, not the case. Over the past two weeks, I have brainstormed with an incredibly creative friend, painted rooms with amazing volunteers, drove 4 hours to Ikea in Houston where we rented a trailer just to bring all the goodies home, and started setting up a couple of the environments. We aren't done yet, but we will be before Easter.

What a buzz this is causing! Some are excited, some wonder why.....................me, I just get goosebumps as I see the jaws of 5th graders drop to the floor with their eyes as big as quarters. I actually overheard one 5th grade student say, "I'm never going to miss a class now."

It never ceases to amaze me what happens when you remember, as Craig Jutila says; "It's the little things that make a little difference that make a big difference." Keeping the details on your radar is a must. One of my favorite finds is a fish tank frame, it's a real fish tank with a totally cool frame!! How fun is that?!??? I can't wait for it to arrive, the only question I have is what kind of fish should I buy? Got any ideas?

2 comments: