Wednesday, February 6, 2008

music to my ears


My oldest daughter just shared with me that during school yesterday she started singing one of the songs we played during large group when she was in third grade. She said; "Man mom, I couldn't get that song out of my head all day! So I just started singing it at lunch to all my friends."

How cool that my 15 year old remembered the songs she learned 6 years ago in children's ministry, let alone that she is singing them to her high school friends. What can we learn from this one example? Music is a powerful tool to use to minister to children. Enough said.

Reggie Joiner and his team at ReThink put out absolutely incredible music for kids! One of my favorites is called "The Big Story Soundtrack." ReThink describes it this way;

This is NOT just a collection of amazing music that you can listen to in your car, home or office.

This IS a way for parents and kids to connect, talk and think about what twelve exciting Bible Stories have to do with their lives.


Makes you want to listen to some sweet jams, I know right?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment