Friday, February 1, 2008

friday funday

I love to laugh, seriously, it's true! I actually had a friend (i think, jk) tell me that whenever he needed to find me at church he would just listen for my laugh. Some say it's a "cackle," (thank you Nana) I say "whatever." Even my husbands former boss told me that people who laugh a lot live longer, then he said, "that means you (me) will never die." Was that a compliment? I think so.

Today, I totally laughed out loud over two amazingly silly things;

First, did you know that in south Texas "Groundhog's Day" is no big deal? Hey, I am from Michigan and it was a really big deal there. We all knew that if punxsutawney phil saw his shadow it was 6 more weeks of winter. Here, who cares? Winter is 60 degrees and sunny. Yep, it made me laugh out loud with no one around to share my joy with. On to number two.....

Second, I saw this picture on Joshua Griffin's blog. I tried it, it made me laugh again. I think I am going to frame it and give it to some of the staff I work with, we all need to laugh.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there...If someone was standing behind me (and I didn't know it) while I was doing this little "exercise" they probably would have thought I was a goof ball. Thanks for the laugh! It really does work doesn't it?! Thanks for your thought and prayers! Things have been going much better this month since being back. I've been reading Purpose Driven Life and it has really clicked with me this time! I've read it before but I needed to go through what I did at Dell to really appreciate what God had to say through Rick Warren! Hope things are well! I just might have to take a trip down south...I'm sure the weather is better that how it is here! Don't you miss the snow though!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i have to admit, i do miss the snow. it was pretty cool though to pick up the kids from school, grab the dogs and head to the beach for a couple of hours yesterday....yea that was cool!!

    ReplyDelete