Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sidney & Norman



I have 3 teenagers who need picked up after school at 3 different times. After picking up my youngest I parked the "bus" by the track and as we waited for my oldest to finish track practice I read "Sidney and Norman" outloud. It's an awesome little story about 2 pigs that God decided to have a little chat with. After I read the book, my daughter smiled from ear to ear. I think she identified with the pig who just needed to hear God say "I love you, I love you, I love you."

So often in childrens ministry children arrive with the same need. They need to hear that God loves them just the way He made them. Not if they sit quietly and listen to the story, or if they color within the lines, just the way they are. It's not only the children that arrive empty, volunteers need to know they are loved too! By God and by you, their leader. Something to look for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment