Monday, March 24, 2008

Sesame Street Leadership #3 Elmo Leaders

Elmo leaders bring excitement, but forget about follow through.

I love what I would call an "Elmo" leader! They have more energy than you could every imagine! One of these leaders, who I will call Tom, because that's his name, is ready and willing to serve God by sharing the 9 million ideas on how to do __________, you fill in the blank! He cracks me up! He get's so excited about each idea, that it is easy for him to forget about the follow through. He's just ready to dream big about the next big thing.

1. Encourage them by listening to their ideas and dreams.
2. Grow them by creating a step by step game plan that takes them to the finish line and keeps them focused.

I love seeing the look on Tom's face when he follows an idea through to completion, it's almost as exciting as the idea itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment