Thursday, September 4, 2008

the orchard blog

Orchard Valley Community Church in Aurora, IL is utilizing "Twitter" to help their church community experience prayer rhythms. Scott Hodge, lead pastor, taught on the spiritual practice of prayer rhythms and is now providing a tool to help people grow in their relationship with Christ. I am personally loving each "tweet." I stop what I am doing and just pray, refreshing, awesome, amazing, sign up for twitter and check out the blog. Here is this mornings prayer........

Hallelujah! Praise the LORD from the heavens; praise him in the heights. (Psalm 148:1)

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy Name. (Psalm 103:1)

Yet another said, ‘I will follow you, sir; but let me first say good-bye to my people at home.’ To him Jesus said, ‘No one who sets his hand to the plough and then looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.’ (Luke 9:61-62)

O Lord, you have taught us that without love whatever we do is worth nothing: Send your Holy Spirit and pour into my heart your greatest gift which is love, the true bond of peace and of all virtue without which whoever lives is accounted dead before you. Grant this for the sake of your only Son Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought me in safety to the beginning of his day: Preserve me with your mighty power, that I may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all I do, direct me to the fulfilling of your purposes; through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment