Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sesame Street Leadership #8 Snuffleupagus Leaders

Snuffleupagus Leaders are extremely loyal,
but are afraid to take risks.

Remember snuffy? He would appear sporadically and normally to Big Bird. In fact some people didn't even believe snuffy existed, but he did! You know who these people are! They want to serve but are so afraid of making a mistake they just don't. They don't want to disappoint anyone, especially the "leader." Laura was my snuffy leader. She was willing to do whatever it took to make sure children have every opportunity to cross the line of faith, she just wanted to make sure she didn't do something wrong or disappoint her leader. I was happy to walk through the process with her.

1. Encourage them by building a relationship and helping them identify their fears.
2. Grow them by walking through a project together to build confidence.

I answered every question she had and helped her understand she does not have to worry about how I felt, she was serving Jesus, not me or any other leader. She is one of the most loyal, committed, and loving volunteers I have ever had the privilege of serving with!

No comments:

Post a Comment