Monday, July 9, 2007

a time to laugh, a time to cry, a time to move to Texas

After serving 17 years at Westgate Chapel, the time has come to move on. One of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Never in my wildest dreams did I think the Lord would lead us elsewhere, but in three weeks we will be packing up the SUV with 3 teenagers, 2 golden retrievers, a cat (maybe) and a frog (again maybe) and heading south. 23 hours to be exact to serve the Lord in Corpus Christi Texas. I am so thankful I am not privey to the plans the Lord has made for me. I know He is in control and He has called me to this new location to serve Him, but I would be lying if I said it was easy. I love God, I love my family and I love adventure.......I guess a 23 hour drive to a new town to serve God is right up my alley!

The stars at night are big and bright....

No comments:

Post a Comment