Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Honor your guests

I went to college at the University of Toledo. At least half of the people I tell that to come back with, "Holy Toledo!" I started wondering where that phrase originated. The theories were endless, but one really stuck out to me. One theory is that the phrase came about because there was such a high concentration of churches on one boulevard. If that were the case, we could say that about any city!

There are sooooo many options for people looking for a church home. That is why I believe we must HONOR a persons decision to attend our church. They could have gone to any number of churches, but there are right there in front of you! What are you going to do to make them feel honored and cared for?

I look at it like I am inviting them into my home. How would I treat a guest in my own home?

I would

  • give them good directions!!
  • make sure the house is spotless
  • meet and greet them outside
  • walk them in
  • show them around
  • give them the best seat of the house
That's a good place to start! What are you doing to honor your guests?

No comments:

Post a Comment