Wednesday, January 14, 2009

commitment, conviction, journey

This morning, as I was enjoying a little SportsCenter and a cup of ghetto coffee (made at home, plain black), a commercial for the NCAA winter championships came on.  I listened to it and then backed it up to hear it again. As I listened for a second time I could have sworn that I was listening to a definition of amazing ministry.  

Commitment, conviction and journey were highlighted.  The commercial mentioned frustrating times, bumps in the road, changing direction, etc. You're with me aren't you????  No where did I see or hear, give up, quit, or walk away.  Like I said, ministry!!

The last word they used was difference.  Are we not called to make a difference in this world by making Jesus famous by our commitment to Him?   

Here's what the commercial said; "The bump in the road.....frustrating times...testing our commitment, our resolve.....forcing us to change direction, to charge forward with conviction...blaze a new trail, a journey to the unknown...but it might be where you find...the difference." 

Okay, seriously, read it again.  It does something to you doesn't it? 

3 comments:

  1. I have to say since out move to Columbus, i find my commitment a bit shaken. my conviction, tested, and my journey, well i am still going down that road. I have to say that not being able to find a church family is dicouraging...as a matter of fact i am quite discouraged with church itself. Is anyone really serious about Jeus these days. Or do people just want to dress up and "play" church???? Everyone is so caught up in themselves that they cant see that their neighbor is hurting, people have forgotton the simplest command to love thy neighbor. Frustrating to say the least....even more a little sad that people in churches these days dont want to be real, always trying to be the perfect person.....church is abour being real with your self, God and others.....hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three weeks into our new home in Nashville, I can relate to this. So glad I found your blog -- we miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete