Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 6

It would have been nice if I decided to start with day 1, but oh well, you can check out days 1-5 at www.fromorphanstoesthers.blogspot.com.

As I sit here and reflect on what God has done over the past week I am thankful, humbled, and I feel extremely blessed. I have listened to stories of these little ones who are not adoptable because their parents haven't signed off so to say, or because they have 4 other siblings (unless of course you want to add all 5 to your family), and I feel so sad. The living conditions in the orphanages are not horrible, in fact they are pretty decent. They are clean, that's for sure, but they are just so old; lots of metal and concrete. What makes me sad though is the thought of them not being able to have a family. I am sure the children at the orphanage and their caretakers try their absolute best to provide a similar experience, I just don't think it comes close.

I have been texting my family each day (several times a day) and the bond and love I have for them can not be manufactured in an orphanage. I received a text that just said, "hi mommy, i miss you" from my 15 year old daughter, I can't imagine how much those children miss their moms and dads, or for those who have never had a mom and dad, how much they long for the day someone shows up at the orphanage to take them home. Some of these sweet children have never known that kind of love, I pray that someday they will, maybe someday my husband and I can be the ones who show up, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment