Saturday, January 19, 2008

giddy up

You know how giddy you get when you buy someone a present and they are just about to open it? I'm not sure, but I bet I am more excited to give the gift than the person is to receive it. Usually I find some crazy thing, like a giant fortune cookie that I can personalize and send, and then I think of the perfect person and I send it! I can't wait to find out if they liked the gift. And even when they call to tell me they received it, you would think the giddiness goes away, nope it doesn't!

My husband and I were just discussing how crazy the last 7 months of our lives have been. And yep, the light bulb went on. God had this all planned! It was a gift He gave our family. He was probably so excited about giving us our new calling location, He was giddy. You know, I have never thought about God like that, but it just makes sense. Every good and perfect gift is from Him, He knows the plan for our life, a hope and a future, we can do all things through Him who gives us strength. Duh!!!! I feel like I can just picture Him watching us follow His lead with total excitement.

How giddy He must feel when we encourage volunteers who give and give of their time, talents, and resources to further His kingdom. How about when we equip others to serve Him with excellence? What about each hug, high five or handshake given in His name? Makes me smile just thinking about it. If you haven't stopped and thought about your calling like a gift that God chose just for you that He couldn't wait to give you and to see you use, you might want to think about that right now..................

You're smiling aren't you? I know your giddy, I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment